This content is part of a series.
Building Blocks (6 of 8)
Series: Mission Possible
1. You don't have to be a secret agent to have a mission. But just like Ethan Hunt, God has a mission for you should you choose to accept it. Unfortunately, the vast majority of Christians have refused to accept it because they are convinced that the mission that God has called them to is not mission possible, but mission impossible.
2. God wants you to have a ministry in the church, but He also wants you to have a mission in the world. Ministry is serving Christ for believers; mission is sharing Christ with unbelievers. Remember again our Mission Statement: It is to lead people to be different through knowing Christ and growing in Christ, and to make a difference by serving Christ and sharing Christ.
3. I told you last week that you are saved to serve, but you are also saved to share. ''Christ changed us from enemies into His friends and gave us the task of making others His friends also.'' (2 Cor. 5:18, TEV)
4. I have been preaching a series of messages that I have entitled ''Building Blocks.'' These are the blocks that will be the foundation of Cross Pointe. In one sense I wouldn't say I have saved the best for last, but perhaps I have saved the biggest for last, because the last building block is mission. Now mission involves both evangelism and missions. Evangelism is bringing people to Christ where you are, for the purpose of assimilating them into the life of the church. Missions is bringing people to Christ everywhere else that may not be assimilated into the life of the church.
5. Now the reason why evangelism and missions must be at the heart of our church is because it was in the heart of Jesus. The last words Jesus ever said before He ascended to Heaven were these: ''But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.'' (A ...
There are 15869 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.