This content is part of a series.
Complete In Him! (5 of 16)
It's Time to Come Back Home!
1. I recently read of a mother and her daughter named Christina who lived in a poor neighborhood on the outskirts of a Brazilian village. The mother's husband had died when the girl was just an infant and she never remarried. Times were tough, but at last Christina was old enough to get a job and help out.
2. Christina often spoke of going to the city. She dreamed of trading her dusty neighborhood for the exciting avenues and the city life. Just the thought of that horrified her mother, who knew exactly what Christina would have to do for a living. However, one morning when the mother awoke, she found that Christina's bed was empty.
3. The mother knew exactly where her daughter had headed, so she threw some things together, gathered up all of her money, and ran out of the house to find her girl. On her way to the bus stop she entered a drugstore and got one last thing. She got photos. She sat in the photograph booth, closed the curtain, and spent all the time she could on making photos of herself. With her purse full of small black and white photos, she boarded the next bus to Rio de Janeiro.
4. The mother began to search every bar, hotel, nightclub that she could find. She went to them all. And at each place she left her photo. It was either taped to a bathroom mirror, tacked to a hotel bulletin board, or fastened to a corner telephone booth. And, on the back of each photograph she wrote a note to her daughter. However, finally, her money, as well as her pictures ran out. She was forced to return to her home.
5. A few weeks later young Christina descended the stairs in a hotel lobby. Her young face was tired, and worn with the marks of a wicked life. Her young dreams had become a nightmare. The life that she had wanted so desperately was not all she had hoped it would be. Finally, as she reached the bottom of the hotel stairs, she sa ...
There are 18141 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.