This content is part of a series.
COPING WITH LIFE
June 7, 1987
Webster: "Deprived of courage, hope or confidence."
Our happiness cannot be determined by our moods or the circumstances of life.
LFor the believer there has to be a constant factor of encouragement.
What is it? "Keeping our eyes on Jesus-
I. DISCOURAGEMENT: THREE COMMON CHARACTERISTICS OF IT.
1. We all experience it.
2. It is extremely contagious.
3. It continually shows up.
II. DISCOURAGEMENT: THE CA-USES OF IT-TODkA-Y IN-UR SOCIETY.
1. Physical and Spiritural conditions of our society.
2. Depersonalization of our society.
3. Busy schedules.
4. Hyper-sensitivity of what others say to us or about us.
III. DISCOURAGEMENT: TWO GREAT BIBLE LESSONS ON IT.
A. Hebrews 12:1-2
1_ Lay aside
2. - Run with endurance. - ; ;
3. Fix your eyes o ...
There are 1784 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 892 character sample of the full content.