This content is part of a series.
COPING WITH LIFE
Proverbs 16:32, "He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that
ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city."
Earnest Leggin said: "The measure of a man is the size of the thing that it takes to
get his goat."
I. A WORD AND BIBLE STUDY.
1. "Thumas" - anger of a boiling commotion or a boiling agitation.
Likened to a lit match put to gasoline (sudden explosion)
2. "Parorgismos" - anger that has been provoked - easily irritated with another
person. Become bitter toward someone.
3. "Orge" - a settled long lasting anger. Slow to begin, but lasts a long time once
started. This includes revenge.
Pile of coals - warmer and warmer until red hot.
4. Mark 3:5 - righteous indignation is not characterized by selfishness, hatred,
5. Ephesians 4:26-32
6. Galatians 5:16-26
II. THE DOWNWARD PATH TOWARD ANGER.
1. Impatience - running late to work.
2. Mood of anger - all lights are red.
3. Brooding temper - arrive and all the parking places are filled.
4. Lose self-control (Anger) - Honk horn, yell, scream, drive crazy or it could be
the silent treatment
III. THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANGER.
1. Grieves the Holy Spirit
2. Low Self-esteem
4. Desire revenge
5. Broken relationships
6. Bondage to the one at whom you are angry.
Dr. J. I. McMillen, "None ...
There are 2879 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1440 character sample of the full content.