Hopelessness (4 of 23) by Ronnie Floyd
This content is part of a series."COPING WITH LIFE"
Before looking at hopelessness let's evaluate what it is to have hope.
WEBSTER says hope is to wish for, to expect (but without expectancy).
IN THE WORLD when one says, "I hope so", it is an expression of a desire or wish.
IN THE BIBLE hope is an indication of certainty. Biblical hope is first an attitude
of faith in things we are promised for the future. Biblical hope is more than
worldly hope. It is expectation, belief.
Listen to this:
"Daily faith may waiver at times, but if you have grown in your hope in God
and in His Word, it will operate like an anchor to keep you from drifting
during the storms of life."
Ron Long says:
"The Bible is the Hope Book."
To be hopeless means you have lost everything we have talked about thus far.
WEBSTER defines hopelessness as being destitute of hope; having no expectation
of good, despairing. It means to be despondent, downcast, forlorn, incurable.
THE TERM HOPELESSNESS IMPLIES THE ABANDONMENT OF ANY HOPE.
I. HOPELESSNESS: WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT IT?
1. Proverbs 13:12 - "Hope deferred makes the heart sick."
2. Isaiah 38:18 - "Those who go down to the pit cannot hope for Thy faithfulness."
3. Jeremiah 2:25 - "It is hopeless."
4. Jeremiah 18:12 - "It is hopeless."
5. Lamentations 3:18 - "My strength has perished and so has any hope from the Lord."
SUMMARIZE WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES ABOUT HOPELESSNESS.
1. When you lose hope you become sick.
2. Even in Bible days, many people were hopeless.
IIHOPELESSNESS: ARE YOU THERE RIGHT NOW IN YOUR LIFE?
1. A hopeless person feels the ...
There are 3275 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1638 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!