"THE FIRST FIVE YEARS"
October 27, 1991
1. A word of thanksgiving to God.
A. That I survived.
B. My predecessor and wife.
2. A word of description of these first five years: Transition.
A. Transition of leaders.
B. Transition of the times we live in today.
(Adrian Rogers said two weeks ago to Jay Strack,
"The first 30 years I pastored I was in ministry
and the last ten I have been in war."
C. Transition of who we were to who we needed
1. Buildings dictated some of this.
2. Philosophy of ministry dictated some of this.
3. Practically we had to become what we find
(Tough because methodology had to change
3. A precious word in ministry: Tenure.
Tenure is a period of time in which one holds a position.
A. I have seen you develop ...
There are 1627 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 814 character sample of the full content.