"LOVE, SEX, DATING, AND MARRIAGE"
INTRODCTION: Impossibility of covering these four subjects in one sermon.
Attempt to give some biblical principles on these subjects.
Grandparents, parents, and young people need to pay attention.
*What is one crisis you face in your life as a young person-DATING*
1. JACOB EXPERIENCED A REMARKABLE LOVE FOR RACHEL.(11-12)
Exp: The confusion between infatuation-a foolish sexual passion and love a
1. Fondness, affection 1. mature bond between two people
2. Happens suddenly w/out warning 2. Grows and takes time
3. Aware of only a few characteristics. 3. appraisal of whole personality
4. Self-centered 4. Others-oriented
5. Can have more than "one love" 5. Only involves one
6. Has a false security about his love 6. Has a true security
7. Has mental picture of partner 7. Faces reality
8. Physical attraction is strongest 8. Physical attraction is important,
but not as much as in infatuation.
*As two people come closer to Christ, they become closer to each other.
THE WAY IT SHOULD BE:
1. Come together in one spirit in dating.
2. Mental and emotional oneness in engagement.
3. Physical union in marriage.
*Problems exist when this process is reversed.*****
WOULD YOUR PRESENT DATING STANDARDS BUILD OR DESTROY A MARRIAGE.?
*HOW OLD DO YOU HAVE TO BE WHEN YOU ARE TO START DATING?
1. Aware of both benefits and dangeers of dating.
2. When you have worked out a set of dating standards from Bible.
3. When you decide these standards will not be compromised, even if it meaans los-
There are 3292 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1646 character sample of the full content.
Price:$4.99 or 1 credit
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!
SermonSearch.com is an online resource for sermon outlines and preaching ideas. We offer 30,000+ sermon outlines and 10,000+ free sermon illustrations from top Christian pastors and communicators. You'll write powerful and fresh sermons every week with our sermon preparation tools on a number of sermon topics, including expository preaching.