No Fear of the Storm
1 Thessalonians 4; 1 Corinthians 15; John 14
1. The Lord himself will descend from the Father's House, where He is preparing a place for us.
1 Thessalonians 4:16
2. He will come again to receive us to Himself.
3. He will resurrect those who have "fallen asleep" in Him.
4. The Lord will shout -- A command. 1 Thessalonians 4:16
Three times in the New Testament, Jesus shouted, and each time someone was resurrected.
Jesus cried with a loud voice, "Lazarus! Come forth!"
b. On the Cross.
"The graves were opened, and bodies of the Saints which slept arose and came out of their graves."
c. The Rapture.
The Church will arise.
5. The voice of the Archangel. 1 Thessalonians 4:16
To assemble the angels of God for the impending apocalyptic battles.
**Book of Revelation is filled with angelic activity.
6. The Trumpet of God.
The trumpet is for Israel.
When Israel left Egypt, Moses made two silver trumpets to give direction to the people. Meetings were announced by a trumpet blast. The trumpet directed their walk, warfare, and worship.
Grace is over; judgment is coming.
7. The dead in Christ will rise first.
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 Revelation 20:5 calls this the first resurrection. John Phillips points out the three stages.
a. First fruits were reaped and presented to God.
b. The harvest ...
There are 2938 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1469 character sample of the full content.