UNITED WE STAND - DIVIDED WE FALL
Dr. James Merritt
1. We are all familiar with the Beatitudes that are
found in the Sermon on the Mount. But somebody has
written a set of Satan's beatitudes, and said that if
the devil were to write his own beatitudes they might
go something like this:
- Blessed are those who are too tired, too busy, too
distracted to spend an hour once a week with their
fellow Christians -they are my best workers.
- Blessed are those Christians who wait to be asked
and expect to be thanked - I can use them.
- Blessed are the touchy with a bit of luck they may
stop going to church - they are my missionaries.
- Blessed are the troublemakers - they shall be called
- Blessed are the complainers - I am all ears to them.
- Blessed are they who are bored with the minister's
mannerisms and mistakes - for they get nothing out of
- Blessed is the church member who expects to be
invited to his own church - for he is a part of the
problem instead of the solution.
- Blessed are they who gossip - for they shall cause
strife and divisions that please me.
- Blessed are they who are easily offended - for they
will soon get angry and quit.
- Blessed are they who do not give their offering to
carry on God's work - for they are my helpers.
- Blessed is he who professes to love God, but hates
his brother and sister - for he shall be with me
- Blessed are you when you read this and think it is
about other people and not yourself - I've got you.
2. What I want to talk to you about today is
something that God desires for His people and demands
from His people. It is the one thing that Satan fears
and works day and night to undo. It is something for
which Jesus himself prayed for just before He went to
the Cross. It is the one thing that the Bible says
will convince people that the church has something the
world does not. ...
There are 17373 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.