God's Will for You
1. I don't guess anyone in the world gets asked more questions than a pastor. I don't guess any pastor has ever been asked a question more than this one: ''How can I know the will of God for my life?'' Well, let me begin by giving you a piece of great news - God wants you to know His will. God doesn't play cat-and-mouse, hide-and-seek, or lets you try to guess what's behind door number three.
2. God is more anxious for you to know His will than you are to find it. In fact, it is not really your responsibility to find the will of God; it is your responsibility to do the will of God. If God wants you to know His will it is His responsibility to reveal it; it is just your responsibility to obey it.
3. Now God has given us some tools to help us find His will. He has given us a map called the Bible. He has given us a guide called the Holy Spirit. He has given us a heart to read the map and to hear the guide. But if your heart is not right, either you won't consult the map or you won't follow the map or you cannot hear the guide. So today I am not going to deal so much with the ''God part'' of His will, but your part. If you want God's will to find you, you must --
I. Surrender Your Life To His Will
1. As any parent knows in watching their children learn to walk, before they can ever take the second step they must take the first step. The first step to knowing the will of God is the step of surrender.
''I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.'' (V.1)
2. You see you cannot say to God: ''Tell me what you want me to do, and then I will decide if I want to do it.'' God only writes His will on a blank sheet of paper that you have already signed at the bottom. I want you to learn this principle: Before God will reveal His will to you, you must surrender your lif ...
There are 11485 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.