I'm At The End Of My Rope
2 Kings 4:1-7
1. James Dobson tells the true story of a little toddler named Frankie. He was a handful to say the least. One day he pulled a chair over to the front window of his house, and carefully placed it inside the drapes. He was standing there staring out at the world when his mother came looking for him. She spied his little white legs protruding beneath the drapes, and quietly slipped in behind him to see what he was doing. She got there just to hear him say to himself in very somber terms, ''I've GOT to get out of here!''
2. Do you ever feel like that little toddler? Do you ever feel trapped? Do you ever feel like you're at the end of your rope? Someone has said, ''When you are at the end of your rope, tie another knot in it and keep climbing!''
3. Do any of the following apply to you:
- You're constantly at war with one of your teenagers, and you feel like you're losing the war, and you are at the end of your rope?
- Your finances are absolutely a wreck. There's too much month left at the end of the money, and you are so far in debt you can't see your way out with a telescope, and you are at the end of your rope.
- You have lost a loved one and nothing seems to take care of the loneliness. You live in a constant state of heartbreak, and you feel like you are at the end of your rope.
- You are in a situation right now and you have done everything you know to do to solve the problem in that situation. But you are now at the point that you literally don't know what to do, and you are at the end of your rope.
4. We're going to study about a woman who was exactly where some of you are today. She had reached the end of her rope. She did not know what to do, and did not know where to turn. Just as it looked as if nothing was going to work out, God worked everything out for her good and for His glory. This lesson is told to us for this reason: God wants to show us that the same wa ...
There are 16712 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.