A World Without Easter
I Corinthians 15:12-20
1. Dr. Billy Graham once told TIME magazine, ‘‘If I were an enemy of Christianity, I would aim right at the Resurrection, because that is the heart of Christianity.’’
2. Well Dr. Graham knew what he was talking about because more and more theologians, those who admit to be liberal, and even some who claim to be conservative, are taking dead aim at the truth of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. The founder of the infamous Jesus seminar, Dr. Robert Funk, told TIME magazine as well, ‘‘The tales of entombment and resurrection were latter-day wishful thinking. Instead, Jesus’ corpse went the way of all abandoned criminals’ bodies: it was probably barely covered with dirt, vulnerable to the wild dogs that roamed the wasteland of the execution grounds.’’ (1)
3. Thomas Jefferson totally emasculated all of the miracles from the four gospels. His bible called The Jefferson Bible, ends with the words: ‘‘Now in the place where He was crucified, there was a garden; and in the garden a new sepulchre, wherein was never man yet laid. There laid they Jesus and rolled a great stone to the door of the sepulchre, and departed.’’ (2) He had no problem with the crucifixion or the burial, but he stopped short at the resurrection.
4. Dr. N. T. Wright, identified in the media as a ‘‘conservative,’’ said this: ‘‘I think the resurrection of Jesus really happened, but I have no idea if it involves anything happening to his corpse, and, therefore, I have no idea whether it involves an empty tomb. . ..so I would have no problem whatsoever with archeologists finding the corpse of Jesus for me. That would not be a discrediting of the Christian faith or the Christian tradition.’’
5. When I hear from these so-called ‘‘biblical scholars’’ I feel like a well-known politician who visited a city one time and was speaking to a local civic group. He got there late and arrived just in time to make his way to the p ...
There are 17215 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.