This content is part of a series.
THE KING AND HIS THRONE (1 of 4)
Dr. James Merritt
1. The year was 1995. It was called "Global Mission
with Billy Graham." It took over a year to pull off
and by the end of the event it would be the largest
single evangelistic effort in the history of
2. Bob Williams, Director of International Ministries
for the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, had set
an incredible goal: Through the medium of satellite
technology, he wanted to reach the largest audience
ever to hear a series of messages by Billy Graham. In
order to appreciate the size and scope of what he was
trying to pull off, these are just some of the things
that were involved:
- 185 countries participated by satellite.
- The event was broadcast in 117 different languages.
- It took over 300 hours of transmission time from 10
uplink antennas to 29 time zones, using 30 different
- 1 billion people viewed the broadcast television
special in 117 countries all at the same time.
- It took 10 miles of video and audio cable.
- 45 digital beta cam recorders (the most in any one
location of the world)
- Digital trans-Atlantic satellite transmission
- 75 technical personnel on a 24-hour per day
- Equipment valued at $15 million
3. Can you imagine actually speaking to, and being
heard by one billion people at the same time? (1) Let
me ask you a question. If you could speak to all 6
billion people in this world at one time, and you
could only say one thing, and it could only be four
words, what would you say? May I tell you what I
would say? I would say what one-day every person who
has ever lived is going to say: "Jesus Christ is
Lord." In fact, if I only had four last words I could
ever say, I would say "Jesus Christ is Lord," and I
hope I do have last words to say.
4. I heard about two next-door neighbors who were
talking across their fence, ...
There are 16760 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.