The Sin of Silence
Dr. James Merritt
I John 1:9
1. ‘‘You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can And will be used against you in a court of law. You have the Right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will Be provided for you. Do you understand these rights?’’
2. If you’ve ever seen a TV show, or a movie, or if you’ve Unfortunately been arrested, you are familiar with what is known As the Miranda warning. Now where does this warning come from? Well, many believe it’s not from the constitution or common law, But it was simply a product of the supreme court’s fertile Imagination. But be that as it may, it is the law and it’s a law That says you have the right to remain silent.
3. Ironically, one of the victims of the Miranda opinion was Ernesto Miranda himself. This rapist, whose conviction was Overturned by that famous supreme court case, was stabbed to Death in 1976 in a phoenix bar, and the cops arrested a suspect In the killing. He wanted to confess, but after being read his Miranda rights, he refused to talk, and he was never convicted.
4. Well, I believe the Miranda warning not only violates the Constitution, but I know that it violates spiritual law. Because the bible makes it plain that ‘‘confession is good for the Soul.’’ one of these days we are all going to find out that Sooner or later we will all have to confess our sins. We can do It now before it’s too late, or later when it is. But either way Sins have a way of coming out.
5. You may have heard of a couple named harry and sally who met And fell in love, and even though they wanted to marry they each Held a dark secret that they were afraid to share with each other. Sally had a terrible case of bad breath and she always kept mints And mouthwash on hand, and she was careful to keep her mouth shut When she was close to him. On the other hand, harry had a bad Case of smelly feet. He never took his shoes off in public and He feared what wou ...
There are 16510 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.