Team Work Is Dream Work
1. What I want to talk to you about today is something that God desperately desires for his people. It is one thing that Satan fears and works day and night to undo. It is something for which Jesus himself prayed for just before He went to the cross. It is the one thing the bible says that will convince people that the church has something the world does not. It is the one thing that the baptism of the Holy Spirit is meant to accomplish. What is it that I am talking about?--UNITY.
2. Now when I speak about unity, let me make it plain that I'm not talking about union. Union is when you are bonded with someone with whom you may not have a common bond. I am not talking about uniformity; that is when everyone looks alike and thinks alike.
3. I am not speaking of unanimity; which is where everybody ought to always agree on everything. Contrary to what you may think, I do not expect neither uniformity nor unanimity always in this church. But what I do want, what God desires and what we must have, is unity. By unity, I mean a oneness of heart, a similarity of purpose, and an agreement on truth.
4. When our founding fathers signed the Declaration of Independence, Benjamin Franklin stood up and said, ''Gentlemen, now we must all hang together or assuredly we shall all hang separately.''
5. I believe Satan's strategy to defeat the church, is to ''divide and conquer.'' The devil is no match for a united church no matter how small that church may be. But regardless of how large a church is, how many members it has, how big the budget is, how many buildings it has, it can be defeated member by member. Satan's motive is division. Satan's method is deception. Satan's mission is destruction. He wants to deceive us so that he might divide us and, therefore, destroy us.
6. You see Satan cannot defeat a united church because there is no place where he can attack the body. Every plank is covered. E ...
There are 19505 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.