How To Turn The Ballot Box Into A Blessing Box
1. William Paterson, one of the signers of the United States Constitution, and a Justice on the U.S. Supreme Court, said that juries should always be reminded of the text I'm preaching on today: ''When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; but when a wicked man rules, the people groan.'' (v.2)
2. I would go on to add that not only should juries be reminded of it, but also judges, lawyers, doctors, ministers, teachers; in fact, the entire nation should remember it.
3. There is a crisis in America, I believe the greatest she has faced in her entire history. It is a crisis of leadership. There is a leadership crisis because there is a character crisis.
4. If you were parking your car and scraped the side of a Porsche, and no one was looking, and the damage was very minor, but noticeable, would you leave a note?
5. Well, I read a true story of a man who really did just that, except some people were watching. As they looked on, he took out a piece of paper, wrote a note, carefully folded it, stuck it under the car's windshield wiper, smiled at those watching and then drove away.
6. When the owner of the Porsche came and saw the damage done to his car, he noticed the note under the windshield. He opened it, and here is what the man had written:
''A number of people around me think I'm leaving you a note that includes my name and address, but I'm not.''
7. To me that is a picture of what is wrong with much of the leadership we have in this nation. Publicly this man gave the impression of decency, goodness, and honesty. Privately he was a liar, a cheat, and a coward. Increasingly we are hearing many people running for political office who say, ''What matters is not the private life, but the bottom line.''
8. But there is an even greater problem than the leadership in this nation, and that is the people who put these people into leadership. ...
There are 17521 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.