This content is part of a series.
My God is Real
1. Charles Haddon Spurgeon, the prince of preachers, a master theologian, one of the greatest pastors in the history of the church once said:
The proper study of the Christian is the Godhead. The highest science, the loftiest speculation, the mightiest philosophy which can ever engage the attention of a child of God is the name, the nature, the person, the work, the doings, and the existence of the great God whom he calls his father. 1
2. From the immemorial the human race has been filled with questions about life, death, purpose, meaning, love, hate, good and evil. But there are two great questions that must be answered before any other question is asked. Otherwise, every other question is meaningless, and in the end unanswerable.
3. The first question is: ‘‘Is there a God?’’ or, to put it another way: ‘‘Is God created in the image of man, or is man created in the image of God?’’ That question determines whether life is an appointment or just an accident.
4. But even if that question is answered affirmatively, there is one other question that must be raised, or else we are really no better off. That question is: ‘‘If there is a God, has that God spoken and revealed himself in a way that we can understand and know him?’’
5. In other words, ‘‘Does God know me, and can I know God? This series is entitled ‘‘the God you can know.’’ This sermon is entitled ‘‘My God is real.’’ For I want to deal today with the basic question of the reality of God.
6. One day in a grade-school art class, a little boy was drawing a picture, and the curious teacher came by and said, ‘‘Johnny, what are you drawing?’’
Johnny looked up from his half-finished masterpiece and said, ‘‘I’m drawing a picture of God.’’
7. The teacher said, ‘‘Now Johnny, no one knows what God looks like.’’
Johnny smiled and said, ‘‘They will when I’m finished.’’
8. Well, I pray that in what I am going to share with you in t ...
There are 18589 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.