This content is part of a series.
Peace: How to Keep Your Head When Others Are Losing Theirs (3 of 9)
Series: Fruit of the Spirit - Home Sweet Home
1. What do men want most in their homes? A survey was taken a few years ago to determine what men care about most, and what they hope their wives will understand. The results were shocking. Men did not want expensive furniture, well-equipped garages, or a private study in which to work. What they wanted most was tranquility at home. In other words, they wanted peace.1
2. I am convinced that everyone is looking for peace. Recently I was in Jerusalem, and I took a taxi down to the old city. The cab driver was a young Jewish man by the name of Asi. I wanted to witness to him, and so I began to ask him questions about his faith.
3. Then I asked him this question: ''what do you believe about the messiah?'' he said: ''I believe the most important thing that can ever happen to Israel is for messiah to come.'' I said: ''why do you believe that?'' he said: ''because he will bring peace.'' we want peace in our homes, we want peace in our hearts.
4. We see here in gal. 5:22 that the fruit of the spirit is peace. Now there are actually three types of peace that we find in the bible. There is, first of all, eternal peace. This is peace with god. Rom. 5:1 says: ''therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with god through our lord Jesus Christ.''
5. Then there is external peace-peace with others. Paul said in rom. 12:18, ''if it is possible, as much as depends on you, live at peace with all men.'' but the fruit of the spirit is internal peace. This is the peace of god. Paul said, ''and let the peace of god rule in your hearts.'' (col. 3:15)
6. Now I want you to understand what peace really is. Peace is an assurance of god's control, which results from obedience to god's command. The lord said to the nation of Israel in Isa 48:18, ''oh, that you had heeded my commandments! Then your pea ...
There are 15091 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.