The Love of the Harvest (2 of 4) by James Merritt
This content is part of a series.The Love of the Harvest (2 of 4)
Series: The Harvest
1. We all know the name Billy Graham. He has spoken publicly about Jesus Christ, and preached the gospel to more people than any person in human history. He is easily one of the most recognizable and famous people on the face of planet earth. If anybody knows anything about the harvest, it is Billy Graham. Billy Graham said this:
The evangelistic harvest is always urgent. The destiny of men, and of nations, is always being decided. Every generation is strategic. We are not responsible for the past generation, and we cannot bear the full responsibility for the next one; but we do have our generation. God will hold us responsible as to how well we fulfill our responsibilities to this age, and take advantage of our opportunities.1
2. We are standing on the threshold of what could be the greatest ingathering of souls for the lord Jesus Christ, in the history of the church. At this moment more people on planet earth are lost and without Christ than ever before in human history. This world is ripe for the taking.
3. The opportunity for missions, evangelism, soul- winning, and kingdom growing, is unprecedented. There are more open doors in more countries to preach the gospel than ever before. Here in America, crime, drugs, abortion, euthanasia, homosexuality, the breakup of the family, have all combined to give us the most depressed, discouraged, disillusioned culture in our nation's history.
4. The question is not ''is there an opportunity?'' But ''will we seize the opportunity?'' Someone has said there are four things that never return: the word that is spoken, the arrow that is shot, the life that is past, and the opportunity that is neglected.
5. Well, the lord Jesus never failed to seize every opportunity to be a part of the harvest. In 4 Jesus met a woman at a well, and seized the opportunity to bring that woman into the kingdom of God. He did it to teach us that there are men and women at wells everywhere, thirsty for a living water, and just waiting for someone to take that opportunity to give them that living water and to satisfy their thirst for all eternity.
6. Now the only way you will ever get excited about the harvest is if two things happen: 1) you've got to see the possibility of the harvest; and 2) you've got to seize the opportunity of the harvest. With those two thoughts in mind, i'm going to give you three things that ought to fire your heart up hotter than the sun to be a part of the harvest. It includes food, fields, and fruit.
I. THE FOOD THAT SHOULD ACTIVATE US
1. Remember the context of this story. It was a hot summer's day shortly after twelve o'clock noon. Jesus and his disciples had been traveling north from Jerusalem. They were passing through Samaria and had reached a spot close to Jacob's well. The disciples left Jesus to go into a village to buy food, leaving Jesus beside a well.
2. He me ...
There are 18903 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 3000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!