This content is part of a series.
Dirty Dreamers And Slick Schemers (4 of 9)
Series: Jude - Keeping Up Your Guard
1. I'm sure all of us have had dreams that are extremely strange. I have found that dreams basically fall into three categories. Some dreams can be very delightful. The next time you ladies look at your sewing machine you might remember that it was the result of a dream.
2. As Elias Howe was working on the development of the first sewing machine, he had one problem. He could not see in his mind where to locate the eye of the needle. He was running out of money and about to shut down his invention, when one night he had a dream that he was being led to his execution for failing to design a sewing machine for the king of a strange country.
3. He was surrounded by guards who carried unusual spears, because these spears were pierced near the head. Realizing instantly that was the solution to his problem, Howe woke up from his dream, went to his workshop and by morning had completed the design of the first sewing machine.1
4. Dreams can also be disturbing. Just a week before he was assassinated, Abraham Lincoln had a dream that he discussed with several of his friends. He dreamed that he was walking through a silent white house toward the sound of someone sobbing. When he entered the east room he was confronted by the sight of a coffin covered in black. He asked the guard on duty there who was dead, and the soldier said, ''the president of the united states.''2
5. Dreams can also be dangerous. I heard about a man who had a terrible nightmare. He dreamt that all he could eat were marshmallows. In his dream he became so obsessed with marshmallows that he ate more and more, and finally began to cram as many marshmallows into his mouth as he could. When he woke up his pillow was gone.
6. Well Jude verifies the fact that dreams can be dangerous. He describes apostates in v.8 as ''dreamers.'' That is, apostates are dreamers who conju ...
There are 16676 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.