A Glimpse into Glory (30 of 39) by James Merritt
This content is part of a series.A Glimpse into Glory (30 of 39)
Series: The King is Coming
1. A little boy and his daddy were out taking a walk one night, and the little boy stopped all of a sudden and just began to stare up into that clear night, silently surveying the starry sky from one end to the other.
2. His father walked over to him, put his arm around him and said, ''son, what are you thinking about?''
3. The little boy said, ''daddy, I was just thinking if heaven is so beautiful on the outside, I wonder what it looks like on the inside!''
4. In this wonderful chapter we are given a fresh glimpse into glory. No book in the bible talks about heaven more or tells more about heaven than the book of the revelation. As you study the book of the revelation you find that you are in constantly shifting scenes. One moment you are in heaven, the next moment you are on earth.
5. In chapter 4 we are translated to heaven. In chapter 6 we are transported back to earth. In chapter 7 we are translated to heaven. In chapter 8 we are transported back to earth. In chapter 12 we are translated to heaven. In chapter 13 we are transported back to earth.
6. But you find there is one major difference in the book of revelation between heaven and earth. Heaven is a place of worship, earth is a place of wrath. Heaven is a place of joy, earth is a place of judgment. Heaven is place of celebration, earth is a place of condemnation. In heaven the lamb is crowned, on earth the lamb is cursed. Heaven is filled with the glory of God. Earth is filled with the guilt of man.
7. With each passing chapter we see the waves of God's judgment beating ever more furiously against the dam of his mercy. The end is near. The time has come for God's final judgment against a sinful rebellious world. What God started in the garden of Eden he is about to finish at the battle of Armageddon.
8. But before God pulls down the curtain of time; before the final chapte ...
There are 16074 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!