This content is part of a series.
A Look Behind Death's Door (28 Of 39)
Series: The King Is Coming
Dr. James Merritt
1. A man was talking to a seven year old boy one time and he asked him what he thought about death. The little boy said, "everybody has to die some time, even if you don't want to."
2. Barring the return of the lord Jesus Christ everybody is going to die whether they want to or not. The question is not, are you going to die? Nor is it, when are you going to die? Nor even is it, how are you going to die? The question is, where are you going after you die?
3. An Indiana cemetery I am told, has a tombstone over a hundred years old that bears this epitaph:
Pause, stranger, when you pass me by, as you are now, so once was i.as I am now, so you will be, so prepare for death, and follow me.
4. Well some unknown passerby read those words and scratched this reply below them:
To follow you, I’m not content, until I know which way you went.
5. I don't know who wrote those words, but he was absolutely correct. The important thing about death is not death itself, but what follows death.
6. There are only two ways to die: you can die in the lord, or you can die outside the lord. You can die saved or you can die lost. You can die a child of god, or you can die a child of Satan. You can die headed for heaven, or you can die headed for hell. You can die a forsaken sinner, or you can die a forgiven saint.
7. You cannot determine whether or not you are going to die. Barring suicide, you cannot even determine when you are going to die. But you, and you alone, will determine how you are going to die.
To die or not is not your choice; but in how you die you have a voice.
8. Now there is a major difference between the death of a sinner and the death of a saint. When a sinner dies he can expect retribution. But when a saint dies he can expect reward. Jesus made this plain in Matthew 25:46, "and these will go away into everlasting punishm ...
There are 22179 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.