This content is part of a series.
A Sight to Behold (14 of 39)
Series: The King Is Coming
1. Revelation chapter 4 is not only a new chapter in the book of revelation, but it also brings us to an entirely different perspective. The outline of revelation is found in revelation 1:19 where john says ''write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after this.'' Now the ''things which you have seen'' refer to john’s vision of the glorified risen Christ in the first chapter, the second division of the book refers to ''the things which are'' which deals with the letters to the seven churches in chapters 2 and 3.
2. But all of the events which take place beginning in this chapter, are events of the future. They are events yet to unfold. They are yet to take place. For these are ''the things which will take place after this.'' Now the same Greek phrase used for the words ''after this'' in v.19, is also the same phrase used to introduce chapter 44:1 ''after these things.'' Chapters 4-22 constitute the most exhaustive panorama of prophecy found in the word of God.
3. First there is an identification, john hears a voice which he refers to as ''the first voice'' this is the voice of the Lord Jesus which john first heard in chapter 1 and verse 10.
4. There is then an invitation. Jesus says to john, ''come up here.'' Up until this point john had been seeing things from below, but now Jesus wants him to see things from above. So for the rest of this revelation john will be seeing things from God’s point of view. I would hasten to add that all of God’s children need to see life from a heavenly perspective.
5. Sometimes you will ask a person how they are doing, and they will respond ''pretty well under the circumstances.'' Well I want to tell you that a child of God is never ''under the circumstances.'' He is always ''over the circumstances.'' It is true that according to this last book of the bibl ...
There are 20195 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.