Living In Liberation
I Peter 4: 1-6
1. There is nothing quite like living in freedom, living in liberty, living in liberation. Those of us who have never lived under a totalitarian dictatorial regime sometime may take our freedom for granted. Nevertheless, it is freedom and liberty that has distinguished America from all other nations in the world.
2. Calvin Coolidge, "To live under the American constitution is the greatest political privilege God ever gave to mankind." The reason he said that is because Americans live in unparalleled freedom. Now what he meant was that if man was meant for anything he was meant to be free. He was meant to enjoy life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Mr. Coolidge had learned that there is nothing quite like living in liberation, living in freedom.
3. A little over 200 years ago Patrick Henry said, "Give me liberty or give me death." What he meant was that life is really not life unless it is lived in freedom, unless it is lived in liberation
4. Now the Bible says that what is true physically is also true spiritually. That is, there is only one of two choices that every man has either liberty or death. That is, a man either is liberated from the clutches of sin or he is doomed to die. The Bible says that the wages of sin is death. Death follows sin just as surely as night follows day, just as surely as spring follows winter, just as surely as Monday follows Sunday. You see the Bible says that not only was man made to be free but he was also made to serve. Every man serves some master. Jesus said, "You cannot serve two masters." That is, you will serve one master but you cannot serve two. And the Bible says spiritually you are either the servant of sin or you are the servant of righteousness. You either serve self or you serve God. And, real freedom is found in being freed from the slavery of sin and being bound to the service of God.
5. In this passage of scripture, Peter is describing what ...
There are 17664 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.