Why Should I Go to Church?
1. When you drove to church today two out of every three of your neighbors chose not to. On an average Sunday, 2/3 of all Americans will find something else to do rather than go to church, interestingly enough many of these claim to believe the same things you believe. In fact, I was surprised to learn that 2/3 of the Americans who do not attend church believe in God, believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God, believe in heaven, and pray to God.
2. But the fact of the matter is, the average American comes to church three times in his life: when he is born he comes to be sprinkled, when he is married he walks down the aisle of a church and lets a preacher perform the ceremony; then of course, when he dies, the funeral often is held in the church. People come to church three times: when they are hatched, matched, and dispatched. The first time you throw water on them, the second time rice, the third time dirt.
3. Now I am sure many times when we see that the vast majority of the American people never darken the door of the church, as we pass home after home where people are cutting their grass, washing their car, playing golf, going on a picnic, the thought crosses our minds, ''If they don't go to church, why should I?'' I would agree that that is a legitimate question. Why should I go to church? Now there are some who would say that for me that is an unfair question because I have a built-in reason for going to church.
4. I heard of one man who came home from church and he said to his wife, ''That's it. I'm never going back to that church again.'' She said, ''Oh yes you are.'' He said, ''No I'm not. I'll give you three reasons why I'm not going back. 1) Nobody speaks to me. 2) Everybody hates me. 3) I have absolutely no friends in the church. ''
5. She said, ''Now I'm going to give you three reasons why you are going back to that church.'' She said, ''First of all you prom ...
There are 23984 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.