"Whose Son Is He?"
1. You probably know that the world's best selling book, of all time, is the Bible. But here are some things about the Bible you may not know. Did you know that the Bible contains 66 books? Did you know that these 66 books contain 1,189 chapters? Did you know that these 1,189 chapters contain 41,173 verses? Did you know that these 41,173 verses contain 774,746 words? Now I am sure that you did not know that (if you say you did, I wonder what other lies you tell).
2. But did you also know that every book and every chapter and every verse and every word was written to answer one question? It is the question the Lord Jesus asked the Pharisees, "What do you think about the Christ? Whose Son Is He?" (Matt. 22:42)
3. To put the question another way, "Who was his father?" You see, no one disputes the identity of his mother. Everyone believes that was a woman named Mary. But the greater question is, "Who Was His Father?"
4. There are only three possibilities. The first possibility is that Joseph was his father. But both Mary and Joseph denied this.
5. The second possibility is that some other man was his father. There have been many liberals and blasphemers who have postulated this. Nells Ferre' said this, "Jesus is the illegitimate child of a Roman soldier who had a love affair with Mary." Whether it was a Roman soldier or not if Joseph was not his father, then Jesus was the result of an illegitimate union outside of marriage.
6. But there is a third possibility, and that is that God was his Father. That Jesus, as the Scripture teaches, was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin mother.
7. Now if either of the first two possibilities are true, and Jesus was not born of a virgin, and his father was not God, then you have several problems:
1. Mary is at best a liar, and at worst a fornicator and an adulterer.
2. The ...
There are 19577 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.