"How To Get Rich Quick"
II Corinthians 8:9
1. Would you like to get rich? Would you like to get rich quick? Have you ever found yourself admiring people who just seemed to have that midas touch, and where everything they touched just seemed to turn into money?
2. I heard about a man who prayed for the midas touch and he got it. Everything he touched turned into a muffler!
3. Well if you are truly interested in getting rich, getting rich quick, but may I add, getting rich in the right way and gaining riches that you can never lose, then I want you to pay attention.
4. As I read the text before me, I feel like a five year old little boy who had one line in a kindergarten Christmas play. He was playing the part of an angel and his part was to say, "I bring you good tidings!" Well, after rehearsing his line several times he went to his mother and asked her what "tidings" were. She explained that tidings were news.
5. Well when the Christmas play began, and it came time for him to speak his line, he forgot his words for a moment and then blurted out, "Hey, have I got some good news for you!"
6. Well I have some good news for you. I want to tell you how to get rich quick. Now before you begin to daydream about thick wallets and big bank accounts, I want to tell you that I am not talking about money. In fact, if you will watch carefully you will find that people who strike it rich quick cannot handle sudden prosperity.
7. I heard about a poor widow's son down in Texas who struck it rich with oil. For Christmas he made up his mind to show his appreciation to his sweet mother by giving her a very unusual gift. So he went to the owner of a pet shop and said, "What is the most unusual and expensive pet that you have?"
8. The man said, "I have a Minah bird that is worth $300,000. It is the only bird in the world that can recite the Lord's Prayer, the 23rd Psalm, and the thirte ...
There are 16325 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.