God: The Answer to Every Question
1. I read a fictitious story about a group of engineers, geologists, chemists, and scientists, who came together to try to answer the question, "Where did the universe come from?" They spent years compiling information, checking it and re-checking it. They fed all of their data into a gigantic super computer.
2. The magic moment came when they had fed all of their knowledge, theories, and hypothesis and research into that computer, and they asked it the question, "Where did the universe come from?" Everybody gathered around; there was a holy hush in the laboratory. A button was punched, lights flashed, bells rang, relays opened and closed, and finally a typed message emerged: See Genesis 1:1.
3. There are 66 books in the Bible. Genesis is the foundation upon which the rest of the Bible sits. There are 1,189 chapters in the Bible, and Genesis chapter one is the foundation for all of the other chapters. There are 23,214 verses in the Old Testament alone. Genesis 1:1 is the foundation of all of the other verses.
4. Genesis is the front door to the rest of the Bible. Genesis 1 is the knob that turns the door. But Genesis 1:1 is the key that unlocks the doorknob.
5. This first verse, made up of ten words, is sublimely simple and simply sublime. In ten short simple succinct, but sublime words, we are told the when, who, how, and what of all things.
6. "In the beginning" - that's the when! "God" - that's the who! "Created" - that's the how! "The heavens and the earth" - that's the what! The rest of the Bible is given to WHY!
7. The first verse gives us the theology of creation. The rest of the chapter provides us with the chronology of creation. We are told at the very beginning that God created all things, from electrons to electricity, from gold to galaxies, from dandelions to dinosaurs, and from apples to Adam.
8. This is ...
There are 16004 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.