From Here to Kingdom Come
1. What if the entire world were Disney World? Think about it. Everything would be clean, everybody would be nice, all news would be good news, the only work would be play, and the only object would be fun, and life would be a thrill a minute.
2. There would only be one problem. Most of the world could not afford to get in.
3. Well, I want to tell you about a kingdom. Not the ''Magic Kingdom,'' but the Master's Kingdom, where Christ is King, and Jesus is Lord. A kingdom where there is no war, just peace; no sadness, just joy; no sickness, just health; no death, just life; no hatred, just love; no fear, just faith.
4. A kingdom where the lion lies down with the lamb; where the child plays with the snake; where the wolf feeds with the sheep, not on the sheep. It is called, in the Bible, the kingdom of God. It is a kingdom where God's will is always done.
5. Now if you believe in this kingdom and its King; if you believe that ''Father knows best;'' and God's will is always right, then this is one part of The Lord's Prayer you should gladly pray any time, any place, under any circumstance.
6. But heed this warning: You need to understand what you are asking for when you pray this part of The Lord's Prayer, for if you are backslidden, carnal, lukewarm, rebellious, apathetic, or out of the will of God, this prayer could be hazardous to your spiritual condition!
7. For if you pray this prayer, and understand what you are praying, and mean it when you pray it, you are agreeing to do three things:
I. Surrender To The Control Of The King
1. It is not surprising that Jesus taught us to pray ''Your kingdom come.'' The kingdom of God was Jesus' favorite message. As a matter of fact, He said, ''I must preach the kingdom of God to the other cities also, because for this purpose I have been sent.'' (Luke 4:43) The first sermon Jesus ever preached was about the kingdom of God. What was ...
There are 16429 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.