"Do You Know The Way To Heaven?"
By James Merritt
1. An interview was conducted not long ago, and people were asked this question: "What are your chances of going to heaven?" One man from Illinois said, "50-50 - the older I get, the more I think my chances will improve." (Well, I will say this, the older you get the chances you are going to go somewhere improve.)
2. A man from Florida said, "85% - I don't think the entrance exam will be that tough." (I have a strange feeling he is going to flunk.)
3. A lady from Indiana said, "My chances are kind of slim - maybe 50-50. You have to be more than a nice person, but I'm still in the running." (Well, she's right about one thing, you do have to be more than a nice person.)
4. At least three things are necessary if anyone is going to heaven. First of all, you must believe in heaven. Now there is a heaven whether you believe there is or not. But if you don't believe in heaven you're certainly not going.
5. Secondly, you must want to go to heaven. Not everybody that wants to go to heaven is going, but anybody that does not want to go is not going.
6. Finally, you must know the way to heaven. There is only one way to heaven, and it is not your way, nor is my way, it is God's way.
7. Jesus had just finished telling his disciples that he was going to heaven. He was going there to prepare a place for them so that they could come also. Thomas asked Jesus how to get there. "Thomas said to Him, 'Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?'" (v.5)
8. Thomas' question gave Jesus the opportunity to make the single greatest statement about himself and about heaven in all of the Bible. "Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.'" (v.6)
9. Ever since the Garden of Eden and the fall of Adam, man has been divided from God, deceived by the Devil ...
There are 15291 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.