All for One and One for All
1. One of the greatest doctrines in the Bible is represented by a word that is not even found in the Bible. That word is trinity. The Bible teaches that God is a triune God. Now there is only one God. ''Hear O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one!'' (Deut. 6:4)
2. But God has manifested himself in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Now immediately the objection comes, ''Wait: 1 + 1 + 1 = 3.'' Well, your math is correct, but your equation is wrong.
3. Think, for example, about space. Space is length, breadth, and height. But to figure out the cubic area of space you don't add length and breadth and height. You multiply length times breadth times height.
4. Take the matter of light. Science tells us that light is actually constituted of three rays or groups of wave links distinct from each other, no one of which without the other would be light. Each ray has its own separate function. The first originates, the second illuminates, and the third consummates. The first ray, called invisible light, is neither seen nor felt. The second is both seen and felt, and the third is not seen, but is felt as heat. Light has three strands, but only one ray. Likewise, God is not one plus one plus one which equals three. God is one times one times one which equals one. You see, the Trinity is not only all for one, and one for all, but the Trinity is all in one, and one in all.
5. Now at this point you are probably saying, ''I don't understand that.'' Well join the club because I don't either, but I do believe it. You had better believe it too, for your eternal destiny depends upon it. Someone once said concerning the Trinity, ''Define it, you lose your mind; deny it, you lose your soul.''
6. We see here before us how the Trinity operated in the past, operates in the present, and will operate in the future in the lives of God's people.
I. The Providence Of God the Father
There are 15454 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.