Before It's Too Late
1. King Philip of Macedon charged one of his slaves with a unique responsibility. The King instructed his servant to awaken him every morning with these words: "Sire, remember you must die."
2. That is true of all of us. I want us to think about this subject of death today. Dwight L. Moody said, "If I can get a man to think seriously about death for five minutes, I can get him saved."
3. Now I know we don't like to think about death. We don't like to talk about death, and we don't like to hear about death. There are some of you who wouldn't have come this morning if you had known that I was going to talk about death. It is a morbid subject that most of us avoid at all cost.
4. We are like the man I heard about one time who owned a cat named Albert. This man was very attached to his cat, he loved him. Well he had to go away on a business trip, and he lived with this cat, his mother, and his brother. Well he told his brother to take care of the cat, at all cost, and let nothing happen to it; that he would be calling everyday to check to see how everyone was doing, especially the cat.
5. Well the next day this man called home and said, "John, how are things going?" He said, "Well, Albert is dead." The brother was shocked, and extremely upset. He said, "What happened?" He said, "Well, the cat got on the roof and jumped and fell to his death."
6. The brother was livid. He said, "How insensitive can you be. You know how much I loved that cat. How could you just tell me all of a sudden he's dead?" The brother said, "Well what would you have had me do?"
7. He said, "Let me tell you what would have been so much better." He said, "For example, I called today and you could have said, 'Charlie, the cat's on the roof. Now don't worry, everything will be fine. I've called the Fire Department. The Fire Department is on their way, and everything shoul ...
There are 20499 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.