What Does God Want from Me?
1. Think about that question for just a moment. What does God want from me? You might be interested to find out the one thing that he doesn't want. Usually, when someone comes to us telling us they want something from us, we ask ourselves the question, ''How much is it going to cost?''
2. Well let me begin by telling you that God does not want, nor does He need, your money. ''I will not take a bull from your house, nor goats out of your folds. For every beast of the forest is Mine, and the cattle on a thousand hills. I know all the birds of the mountains, and the wild beasts of the field are Mine. If I were hungry, I would not tell you; for the world is Mine, and all its fullness. (vv. 9-12)
3. Now the Lord tells us three simple things here. He says:
1) ''I own everything there is.''
2) ''I have everything I need.''
3) ''I do not need anything.''
4. Now although there is nothing that God needs, there are some things that God wants. There are some things that God desires and that God deserves. But before you tense up and say to yourself, ''I knew there was a catch,'' it will amaze you at how little God desires compared with how much God deserves. It will amaze you how little it really takes to please God.
5. You are going to discover that pleasing God is so much easier than pleasing men. I heard about a woman who had been married to a negative, griping, critical husband for over twenty years. She finally decided one morning she would do everything just right for him if it killed her. He was always complaining about something. No matter what she did it was always wrong.
6. She got up one morning, as sweetly as she knew how, fixed herself up, got her husband the morning paper, the slippers, and asked him very sweetly what he wanted to eat for breakfast. He told her he wanted two eggs, one scrambled, one fried, and some coffee. She ran out to the store, got his favorite ...
There are 18034 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.