What's The Verdict: Guilty Or Not Guilty?
1. The most powerful and poisonous of all human emotions is the emotion of guilt. Guilt can make a man afraid of his own shadow. There is a story told of a time when Sir Author Conan Doyle, the English writer who created the character, Sherlock Holmes, decided to play a practical joke on twelve of his best friends. He sent each of them a telegram that read, ''Flee at once, all is discovered.'' Within twenty-four hours all twelve fled the country.
2. The worst trip you can ever take is a guilt trip. It is a trip that will take you farther than you want to go, keep you longer than you want to stay, and charge you more than you want to pay.
3. If you are old enough to understand the difference between right and wrong, and you have a conscience that is healthy and normal, at some time or another you have been haunted by the ghost of guilt. Romans 3:19 tells us that all of the world is guilty of some sin. ''Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.'' James 2:10 tells us that all of the world in truth is guilty of all sin. ''For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.''
4. Interestingly enough, guilt is more than a feeling. It is a fact. Did you know that you can feel guilty without being guilty? Did you know that you can be guilty without feeling guilty? But the fact is, everyone at sometime or another has been haunted by the ghost of guilt. Everyone, at sometime or another, has been hounded by the dog of guilt.
5. A famous psychiatrist once told Billy Graham that, in his opinion, 70% of all people in mental institutions could be released immediately if they could find forgiveness - release from their guilt.
6. Did you know that the government operates what is called a Conscience Fund? In 1811 someone who ha ...
There are 18833 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.