"What Does it Take to Serve Jesus?"
By James Merritt
1. Has it ever occurred to you that everything that Jesus ever did on this earth He did for us? Now you think about it. He was born voluntarily for us. No one made him leave the ivory palaces to come into a world of woe. He did it voluntarily for us.
2. He lived virtuously for us. Jesus lived a perfect life that He might die a perfect death, and thereby secure for us a perfect salvation. "He who knew no sin became sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." (II Cor. 5:21)
3. He died vicariously for us. Jesus took on the cross what I would have taken for all eternity if I had not taken Jesus. Jesus died for my sin, so that I could die to my sin, rather than die in my sin.
4. He was raised victoriously for us. Jesus came out of death's dungeon, holding the door in one hand and the key in the other, that He might take the sting out of my death, and the victory out of my grave, so that He might walk with me through the valley of the shadow of death.
5. One day He is going to return visibly for us. He will come to rapture the living saints, raise the dead saints, and reunite all saints for ever with Him. Now think about it. He was born for us; He lived for us; He died for us; He was raised for us; He is coming again for us.
6. So I want to ask you this question. What are you doing for Him? What on earth are you doing for heaven's sake? I believe it is high time that preachers stand up in their pulpits and say, "Ask not what your Lord can do for you. Ask what you can do for your Lord."
7. We can learn much about serving the Lord Jesus from a lady whose name was not even mentioned by Mark, though we know from the other gospel writers her name was Mary. Because of what she did, the Lord Jesus gave her an eternal honorary membership in God's Hall of Fame. What put her in God's Hall of Fame can ...
There are 25379 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.