Here Comes the Bride
By James Merritt
1. The longest chapter in the book of Genesis interestingly enough is a love story. Twenty-five verses are given over to the creation of the world; six verses are given over to the creation of man; yet sixty-seven verses are given over to how one man got a woman.
2. It is humorous to see the lengths to which some men will go to get a woman. One man was sitting on an airplane and a beautiful bombshell of a blonde sat down next to him. Well he thought he would try to make a move on her and he said, ''Tell me, what kind of men are you interested in?'' She said, ''Well, I really like Indians because of their high cheekbones and strong chiseled features.'' ''Oh,'' he said, ''that's wonderful.'' She said, ''But I also like Jewish men because they are so brilliant and they seem to be so financially successful.'' ''Oh,'' he said, ''that's very interesting.'' She said, ''But I really like good ole boys from the south. There's just something about a southern boy that really gets me going.'' ''Oh,'' he said, ''that's fantastic.''
3. She said, ''By the way, what is your name?'' He said, ''Well, my name is Geronimo Bernstein, but my friends call me Bubba.''
4. Well Isaac got his wife the right way and the best way. He waited on God to bring her to him. This is truly one of the great romantic stories in all of history. On the surface it looks like all romantic stories - boy meets girl - girl meets boy - boy and girl fall in love - boy and girl marry - boy and girl live happily ever after.
5. But there's far more to this story than meets the eye. The story can be summarized like this: Abraham sent out his servant to find a bride for Isaac. The servant finds the bride, brings her back to Isaac, they marry and live happily ever after.
6. But there's far more to the story than this. We have seen in Genesis 22 how Abraham is a type, a picture, a portrait of God the Father. We have also seen how Is ...
There are 19127 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.