A Few Good Men
1. The United States is known around the world as a ''Christian nation.'' There are several reasons why one might think that is true. In America there are:
- 1,485 Christian radio stations
- 300 Christian television programs
- 96% of all Americans are ''believers in God''
- 70 million born-again believers
- 148 million professing Christians
- 62% of all Americans say they have ''made a commitment to Jesus Christ that is still important in their life today.'' 1
2. Now if America is indeed a Christian nation you would think that God would honor any nation that professes to honor Him. If America is as godly as she is purported to be, it would be reflected in her land. Well listen to some more facts:
- The United States remains the world's biggest users of prisons, putting more
people in prison than anybody else on earth.
- For every 100,000 people in the United States, 455 are behind bars.
- About 1.1 million Americans are in prison, costing taxpayers $20 billion a year.2
- One million teenagers run away from home every year, and suicide is now the second leading cause of death among teenagers.
- This year Americans will spend $240 billion on gambling.
- This year 2.5 million children will be reported as being abused, missing, or abducted. Reports now show that the number one killer of children are their own parents.
- 50,000 drug addicted children are born every year just in California.
- Every year 800,000 babies are born to unwed teenagers.
- This year 1 1/2 million babies will be aborted before they are born.
3. Now we have not even mentioned homes that are breaking apart, alcoholism, the drug problems, racism, financial pressures in the home, a national debt of over $4 trillion.
4. Now you may ask the question, ''How can God possibly turn this nation around?'' Well believe it or not, all He needs are a few good men.
5. It would amaze you what a few ''spiritual mar ...
There are 20498 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.