A Sinner in God's Courtroom
1. Hebrews 9:27 states, ''And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment.'' Every person who walks the face of the earth has two dates with destiny. First, you have a DATE WITH DEATH, ''And as it is appointed for men to die once,'' (v.27) You are going to keep this date with your body.
2. But you also have an APPOINTMENT WITH THE ALMIGHTY, ''but after this the judgment.'' (v.27) You are going to keep this appointment with your soul.
3. One of these days you are going to be standing in the True Supreme Court. It is truly the court of no appeal.
4. This court is different than any other court in history. Because in this court there are really no attorneys. There is no jury. There is no case, and there is no debate. There is simply a Judge and a defendant. That is, unless you qualify for a defense attorney. You see, not everyone in this courtroom is guaranteed the right to legal counsel.
5. But there is something even stranger. If you do qualify for a defense attorney, the defense attorney is none other than the judge himself! Now that raises the question, Will I qualify? Will the judge serve as my defense attorney? Well, that all depends on who you are and where you stand with the judge before you enter the courtroom. We have the privilege of actually going into this courtroom and seeing how at least one sinner fared in his trial. May I say to you, that your case can turn out just like his case, but the choice will be up to you.
I. The Guilt Of The Sinner
1. This drama is in the setting of a courtroom. It is in the Supreme Court of the Universe. God is the Judge, Joshua, the High Priest, is the defendant, and Satan is the prosecuting attorney. Satan is bringing his case against Joshua before the Lord. We are told in v.1 that he is standing at Joshua's right hand opposing Joshua. Satan will oppose anything you do except sin. The only time Sat ...
There are 21376 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.