"You Can Take it to the Bank"
By James Merritt
1. Frederick the Great of Prussia was a staunch Lutheran, a very religious man. But he began to read after Voltaire, the French writer and skeptic, and he began to doubt his Christian faith.
2. He was being tormented by doubt, and he called in one of his court chaplains and said, "Forget your philosophy, and forget your theology; I want you to give me just one piece of firm proof that there is a God, and that the Bible is the Word of God. That court chaplain simply replied, "The Jew Sire, the Jew." If you ever begin to doubt the person of God, or the power of God, or the promises of God, I would invite you simply to look at the Jew. If you want to know how the hand of God is moving in history, there are two things you need to watch: a people and a place. The people are the Jews, and the place is
3. You see, Israel is to the world what the sun is to the planets. Just as surely as the planets revolve around the sun, the nations of this world revolve around Israel.
4. Israel is the geographical center of the world. Ezekiel 5:5 says, "Thus says the Lord God: 'This is Jerusalem; I have set her in the midst of the nations and the countries all around her.'" At this tiny nation three great continents: Europe, Asia, and Africa, meet together.
5. It is the spiritual center of the world. It is here that the greatest person of human history, the Lord Jesus Christ, was born, lived, died, arose, ascended, and it is here that one day Jesus will return to rule and to reign over this earth. The three major religions of this world - Islam, Judaism, and Christianity, (though Christianity technically is not a religion) claimed Jerusalem as their spiritual capital.
6. It is the prophetical center of the world. If you want to know what time it is on God's clock, look at Israel. If you want to know what day it is on God's calendar, look at Israe ...
There are 19873 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.