How to Make the Rest of your Life the Best of Your Life
1. There is an old saying that, "You are never too old to learn." Here is one lesson that you're never too old to learn: "So teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom." (Psa. 90:12) Now I like the way Living Bible translates this verse. "Teach us to number our days and recognize how few they are; help us to spend them as we should."
2. Someone has observed that life is like a dollar bill. You can spend it any way you want to, but you can only spend it once.
3. Now when you spend money there are really only one of two ways you can spend it. You can waste it, or you can invest it. The same thing is true with life.
4. Now whether you are young or old, six or sixty, healthy and wealthy, or puny and poor, you can make the rest of your life the best of your life.
5. Suppose you were starting life all over. You are old enough to know right from wrong. You are old enough to learn, old enough to love, old enough to really live. If you could ask the Lord Jesus Christ how to make the rest of your life the best of your life, what do you think He would say? I don't think we have to wonder, I think I know.
6. "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you." (Mt. 6:33) I think you can summarize what Jesus said here in three words: "first things first." Now I know that sounds simple, but I want to tell you that if you, beginning today, would consciously, continuously, constantly, and consistently put first things first, it would absolutely transform your life. The formula for how to do just that is found in this tremendous statement from the lips of our Lord.
I. Set Proper Priorities
1. Now everything rises and falls right here. If your priorities are not in order, your life will not be in order. If your priorities are not right, you ...
There are 15503 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.