Today Is Mother's Day
1. As I thought about the message this morning, I thought, what can I say about mothers that has not already been said many times before?
a. The answer is, I doubt seriously there is anything I can say that would be new to you or would be something you have not heard before.
2. There will be many messages delivered this morning about the virtuous and godly mother of Proverbs: ''Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her'' (Proverbs 31:10, 28).
3. No doubt the story of Jochebed will be repeated from many pulpits today. Jochebed was the mother of Moses. What a wonderful story of a mother's love and sacrifice for her son.
4. Many pastors will recall the story of Hannah, the mother of Samuel, and how she dedicated him to the Lord, and how God honored her request by using him in the ministry.
5. Certainly there is much we can say about mothers, many stories we can tell; and what I have to say will probably be something you've heard before. But, let me be quick to add, the story of ''Mother'' never gets old.
6. Allow me to give you three brief and simple thoughts...
THE RECOGNITION OF A MOTHER
THE RESOURCEFULNES OF A MOTHER
THE RESPONSIBILITY OF A MOTHER
I. THE RECOGNITION OF A MOTHER
1. The Bible says, ''Give honor to whom honor is due.'' Our text this morning, (which happens to be one of the Ten Commandments) says, ''Honor thy father and thy mother.''
2. Two things:
A. The Husband is to honor his wife
1. 1 Peter 3:7, ''Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife.''
2. The Bible also says in Eph. 5:33, ''Let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself.''
3. I believe God's area of accountability for a husband begins in the home-with the wife, the mother of his children. Before your c ...
There are 15681 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.