1. This evening I want to take just a few minutes to reflect on the goodness of God. Christmas, for the Christian, brings with it FAR MORE than lights and decorations. Christmas for us is a reminder of God's greatest blessing to mankind - the gift of His Son.
2. With the gift of salvation come many other wonderful blessings. Allow me to list just a few...
I. THE TRUTH OF ABOUT CHRISTMAS
A. Aren't you glad you are able to separate the truth of Christmas from the world's idea of what Christmas means?
1. If I never saw another Christmas tree or string of lights, Christmas would still be here. Christmas for me will not only be on December the 25th, but also on the 26th and the 27th, and so on...
ILLUS: On Tuesday, America celebrated 100 years since the Wright brothers took flight at Kitty Hawk. Exactly 100 years ago, Wilbur and Orville Wright broke the bonds of gravity at Kitty Hawk, N.C., sailing into the skies and the history books. It is said that right after their triumphant flight, the exited brothers cabled their sister, Catherine, with the happy, historic news. Ecstatic, she raced to the hometown newspaper office in Dayton, Ohio and breathlessly thrust the telegram into the editor's hands. It read, ''Have actually flown 120 feet. Will be home at Christmas. Wilbur and Orville.'' Handing back the paper with a patient smile, the editor said, ''Isn¹t that nice? The boys will be home for Christmas!''
2. That man had missed the point completely. Instead of focusing on the one part of the message the brothers were trying to convey. He only saw the part about their coming home for the Christmas holidays.
3. That same scenario is played out every year during the holiday season. People are caught up in the festivities, but they miss the truth of Christmas. They don't even mind a little bit of religion, provided it doesn't make anyone uncomfortable.
a. Don't you just love it whe ...
There are 4882 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.