2003 - A Clean Slate
Philippians 3:13, 14
1. Today is December 29th. It is hard to believe that 2002 has come to and end. The older I get, the more time seems to speed up.
QUOTE: Someone once said, ''In youth the days are short and the years are long; in old age the years are short and the days long. (Nikita Panin)
2. This morning the focus of my message will be on beginning the New Year with a clean slate. Aren't you glad God grants all of us that privilege - to put the past behind us, and to start all over again? I certainly am.
3. I am glad that my mistakes, my sins, my lost opportunities, and all my shortcomings are buried with the ending of this year and the beginning of a new one.
ILLUS: I talked with someone on the phone this week who asked me, ''How can I be forgiven for certain sins?'' I was glad I could tell that person what Jesus said, ''If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness'' (I John 1:9).
4. Thank God, if we have truly repented, our sins are in the past: Psalm 103:12, ''As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.''
5. This morning I want to give you three points, as we consider the message, ''2003 - A Clean Slate.''
I. Our Goals
II. Our Opportunities
III. Our Dangers
I. OUR GOALS
QUOTE: This week I read an article written by Bob Sasal. It was entitled, ''The Basis for High Hopes and Expectations in the New Year! Let me just quote the first paragraph:
Most people will start the New Year with high hopes and expectations. As Christians, we base our high hopes and expectations on the Lordship of Christ and His will for our lives. The Hebrew writer said, ''Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith (12:2). To realize our hope in Christ we must come to a place where our lives are truly centered in Him. ''Looking to Jesus'' is the way we live life. (Pulpit H ...
There are 14504 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.