A Needed Church in a Needy Place
Acts 16:9, 10
1. In July of 1984, God called my family and me to the Sacramento/Rancho Cordova area. I might add, as with Paul, it was a distinct and clarion call:
a. Though I did not see a man in a vision, I knew God had placed His hand upon me, and just as surely as Paul received a call from God, I, too, received a call to come with my wife and daughter to minister in this place.
2. I sometimes think about this ministry, wondering how God measures its success. I often wonder, after 18 years, how successful we have been:
a. What if there had never been a Bible Fellowship Baptist Church. What if Pastor Rodgers and his family had not come to California - what difference would it have made?
3. Only God knows the answer to that; however, what I do know is that we did come. And because we came, hundreds of people have been saved through this ministry and countless lives have been transformed for Jesus. I do know that much.
4. There is something else I know. God brought you here - to this place. You, too, have a special calling upon your life - to be a part of this "needed church in a needed community."
5. This morning I want you to think with me about our message, "A needed church in a needy community."
I. LET ME UNDERSCORE THE IMPORTANCE OF YOUR BEING PART OF THIS MINISTRY
A. No pastor, no evangelist, no missionary stands alone in the building of a work for God
1. In chapter 15, Silas joins up with Paul on his missionary journey. In the beginning of chapter 16, Timothy joins with them as they make their way throughout the cites establishing churches and discipling new believers (vs.5)
2. Following his call to Macedonia, we find Paul in the city of Philippi, and there he meets a young woman by the name of Lydia. In (vs.14) Paul leads Lydia and her entire family to the Christ.
3. Of course, we all remember verse thirty-one and the wonderful story concerning the conversion ...
There are 12389 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.