This content is part of a series.
The Throne of God (11 of 12)
Series: A Closer Look at Heaven
1. Psalm 103:19, "The Lord hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all."
2. Psalm 11:4, "The Lord is in his holy temple, the Lord's throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men."
3. This evening we will study the Throne of God. We will talk about:
a. Who sits on the Throne?
b. Where is the Throne located
c. What is the purpose of the Throne
I. WHO SITS ON THE THRONE?
1. I can tell you who doesn't sit on the throne; I can tell you who is not in charge. The kings of this world are certainly not in charge. Isaiah 40:17, "All nations before him are as nothing; and they are counted to him less than nothing, and vanity."
2. I don't believe it's going to be very long before God gives earth a wakeup call. It doesn't take much for God to let us know who is in charge.
a. Do you remember when King Nebuchadnezzar became so arrogant and lifted up in pride? God sent him out to pasture for 7 years to eat grass like an ox. When He got done with him this is what Nebuchadnezzar had to say, Daniel 4:37, "Now I Nebuchadnezzar praise and extol and honour the King of heaven, all whose works are truth, and his ways judgment: and those that walk in pride he is able to abase."
3. Who sits on the Throne?
A. God the Father
1. Isaiah 66:1, "Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool."
2. In Psalm 47:8, we are told that "God sitteth upon the throne of his holiness."
B. God the Son
1. Matthew 25:31, "When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then shall he sit upon the throne of His glory."
2. Hebrews 8:1, "We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens."
3. What gives Jesus the right to sit on the Throne of God? Two things:
a. First, Jesus ...
There are 10679 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.