This content is part of a series.
A Heavenly Face Lift (10 of 12)
Series: A Closer Look at Heaven
I John 3:1, 2
1. Have you ever thought, boy, I'd like to look a little better than I do... maybe a little adjustment here, maybe something there...?
2. We all remember the story of Snow White when the wicked queen stood in front of the mirror and asked, "Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?" To her surprise, the mirror responded, "Snow White."
a. The evil queen thought she was the most beautiful. And she was, until Snow White came into the picture. One look in the mirror, and the queen was made aware that she had some shortcomings.
ILLUSTRATION: A few years back the American Airlines ticket office in Fort Worth, Texas, was picketed by a group called "Uglies Unlimited." They were upset because the airline advertised for good-looking people when hiring. Apparently a lot of companies do this, advertising for "attractive receptionists" or "pretty secretaries." The president of Uglies Unlimited, Danny McCoy, says they just want to be accepted for who they are, instead of what they look like." That sounds reasonable. (HOLWICK'S ILLUSTRATION COLLECTION Number: 2639 Source: Old Sermon AUTHOR: (Unknown) DATE: 10/10/87)
3. Plastic surgery has become a bid business in America. People want to change how they look.
a. One plastic surgeon on the web offered the following services at the following prices: Face Lift $8000, Eye Lift $5000, Rhinoplasty $4000, Brow Lift $4000, and Laser Resurfacing for $4000. My question is: "Why would anyone want to spend $25,000 to look like Michael Jackson?"
4. The truth of the matter is that when we get to heaven, we're not going to have just a face lift; we are going to have a complete makeover. That's what heaven is about--making all things new.
a. In Rev. 21:5, referring to heaven, the Lord said, "Behold, I make all things new."
5. There will be new heaven and new earth. John sai ...
There are 11668 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.