This content is part of a series.
The Lamb's Book of Life (9 of 12)
Series: A Closer Look at Heaven
1. Psalm 139:16, Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
2. Luke 10:20, Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.
3. Hebrews 12:23, To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect.
4. You know, I get pretty excited over some things:
a. My grandson excites me. When he enters the room excitement begins (in more ways than one).
b. I get excited when I see someone saved--someone who has been snatched from the fire...that excites me.
c. I get excited over our college kids--to see the molding and shaping of their lives, as God prepares them for life and service--that excites me.
d. But I can tell you; nothing in life excites me more than to know my name is written in the Lamb's Book of Life.
SONG: Mary A. Kidder was born March 16, 1820, in Boston, Massachusetts. She died on November 25, 1905. Mary was blinded as a teenager, but fortunately for us, her sight was restored after a few years. She lived for 46 years in New York City. One of the famous hymns she wrote is known around the world, "Is My Name Written There?"
Lord, I care not for riches, neither silver nor gold;
I would make sure of Heaven, I would enter the fold.
In the book of Thy kingdom, with its pages so fair,
Tell me, Jesus, my Savior, is my name written there?
(Refrain)Is my name written there,
On the page white and fair?
In the book of Thy kingdom,
Is my name written there?
Lord, my sins they are many, like the sands of the sea,
But Thy blood, O my Savior, is sufficient for me;
For Thy promise is written, in bright letters that glow,
"Though your sins be as scarlet, I will make them like snow."
Oh! that beautiful city, with its mansions of light,
With its glorified beings, in pure garments of white;
Where no evil thing cometh to despoil what is fair;
Where the angels are watching, yes, my name's written there.
5. This evening I want us to look at several things, as we consider the message, "The Lamb's Book of Life."
I. IF YOUR NAME IS WRITTEN IN THE LAMB'S BOOK OF LIFE, YOUR PROBLEMS ARE SMALL
1. I believe we place too much weight on the trails of life here below. If we would put it into a heavenly perspective, it would really not seem quite so bad, would it?
A. Heaven is worth it all.
1. Nothing you and I endure down here will amount to a hill of beans up there.
a. 1 Cor. 2:9, "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."
1) And ...
There are 12299 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 3000 character sample of the full content.
for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!