This content is part of a series.
Heaven, A Place of Eternal Light (6 of 12)
Series: A Closer Look at Heaven
Revelation 21:23-27; 22:5
ILLUS: A daily paper contained an item telling that General Electric has perfected a light bulb which has a life expectancy of a million hours! Imagine a bulb that will burn eight hours a day, every day for over 342 years! It is estimated that this bulb will use $1,640 worth of electricity in the million hours, and give out 286,000,000 lumens, or units of light. Think of the convenience of having a light bulb that will last over 342 years! (Tan's 7700 Illustrations No Need Of Man-Made Light)
1. Better yet, think of a place where there will never be a need for the light bulb. You say, "That sounds like heaven." That is exactly the place--a place called heaven, a place of eternal light:
a. Rev. 22:5, "And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever."
2. This evening I want to focus on the subject of light--light in heaven... a place where there will never be any darkness.
I. GOD IS THE SOURCE OF ALL LIGHT (21:23)
1. Genesis 1:1-3, "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
a. Please notice when God created the earth, the Bible says, "Darkness was upon the face of the deep." There was no light on earth until God, who is the Source of all light, declared light to be on the earth."
1) He gave the Sun to rule the day, and the moon and stars to rule the night. Psalm 74:16, "The day is thine, the night also is thine: thou hast prepared the light and the sun."
2. Two things:
A. Light WAS NOT created, light HAS ALWAYS existed:
1. Light has always existed because God has alway ...
There are 8521 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.