This content is part of a series.
Who Lives There? (2 of 12)
Series: A Closer Look at Heaven
Revelation 21:1, 2, 10, 11, 22-27
1. In our lesson last week the title of the message was, "Ready and Waiting." We had two main points: "Heaven is a prepared place for a prepared people," and "heaven is a promised place for a patient people."
2. This evening's message has to do with those who reside or live in heaven. Who are all the people up there, anyway?
QUOTE: John Newton wrote, "When I get to heaven, I shall see three wonders there: The first wonder will be to see many there whom I did not expect to see; the second wonder will be to miss many people whom I did expect to see; the third and greatest wonder of all will be to find myself there."
3. That's a very humbling statement, isn't it? Thank God, we will be there, but it will certainly not be because of anything we have done, it will all be because of Jesus.
4. Let's take a look at our outline, considering the message, "Who lives there?"
I. HEAVEN IS THE DWELLING PLACE OF GOD THE FATHER, GOD THE SON, AND GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT
1. In (vs. 23), we see that God the Father, and God the Son (Who is referred to as the Lamb), live in heaven. Then in (22:17), we see God the Holy Spirit in heaven, as He gives the final invitation to the unsaved.
2. In John 14:6, Jesus said, "In my Father's house are many mansions" (referring to heaven).
3. Psalm 11:4, "The Lord is in his holy temple, the Lord's throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men."
4. John 1:32, "And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him."
A. Keep in mind, the three Persons of the Trinity rule from heaven, but are not confined to heaven:
1. Jeremiah 23:24, "Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the Lord. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the Lord."
a. God sees everything we do here on ea ...
There are 11864 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.