What's in a Computer Chip?
1. Chapter 13, of the book of Revelation, speaks of two different beasts. The first beast represents the coming world dictator, known in Scripture as the Antichrist. The second beast represents the false prophet of the last days, who gives allegiance to the Antichrist (vs.12).
2. The role of the false prophet will be to cause the entire world to worship the Antichrist. In order to accomplish that; he, like the first beast, will be empowered by Satan (vv.4, 12a).
a. We know the dragon to be Satan because Rev. 12:9 tells us so: "And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."
3. The false prophet will be very convincing--so much so, it says in (vs.13), that he is able to perform "great wonders," calling fire come down from heaven and deceiving the world because of his ability to perform these supernatural feats (vs.14a).
4. In order to promote worship of the Antichrist, the false prophet will create an image that will look like the Antichrist. This image will look exactly like him, and even more amazing than the likeness is that this image will be given life (vv. 14b, 15):
a. Many Bible teachers believe this image to be a computer or some kind of man-made humanoid. You will notice that this image can both speak like a human and think like a human. It will have the power to kill any person who refuses to worship the Antichrist (vs.15).
6. Finally, please notice that this image issues a mark to all humans. It is placed in the right hand or in their foreheads (vs.16):
a. Again, notice in (vs.16), the Bible says the mark is "in" the hand. It does not say, "on" the hand. The Greek preposition here is the word, "eis." It can mean "upon," or in this case, in can also mean, "in."
1) Contrast the word "on" in (vs.1 ...
There are 13095 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.